File Naming

dinkypumpkin dinkypumpkin at gmail.com
Mon Jul 8 17:03:59 EDT 2013

On 08/07/2013 21:24, J K.Eason wrote:
>> I have found that using the "whitespace" option totally screws the
>> filename, losing anything after the programme name, including the
>> file type suffix. Does anybody else get the same? Is it a bug?

You'd better provide an example.  It works fine here, but there might a
problem for your particular programme.

>> I would also like to use the first broadcast date, not including
>> the time part of "firstbcast". Can that be done?

Not with get_iplayer, but feel free to add a substitution parameter that
contains just the date.  You could also use a renaming utility like Bulk
Rename Command (or your own batch file) with --command to rename the
final output file when it is complete.

> Can't answer your second question. I'll leave that one for
> 'dinkypumpkin', but for your first one add the "fatfilename" option to
> prevent the filename being truncated at the first space.

You shouldn't need fatfilename just because there is whitespace in a
file name. The whitespace option works fine for me without it.  You may
need/want fatfilename to eliminate other troublesome characters.