Ability to specify a temporary directory.

dinkypumpkin dinkypumpkin at gmail.com
Wed Feb 20 14:59:43 EST 2013

On 19/02/2013 21:27, John G. Dargie wrote:
> I originally tried those commands with get_iplayer 2.82 on a Mac (Lion).
> I've just tried the two commands out on a Raspberry Pi (Arch Linux) with get_iplayer 2.82.
> On both computers the --info command returns "The Bell Jar".
> On both computers the subdirectory created is called "The_Bell_Jar_Episode_6" which is not what I expect.

One more suggestion, if you haven't already tried it:  Find the call to
get_metadata() in download_retry_loop().  That's where
$prog->{episodeshort} should be initialised.  Put print statements on
either side of the the call to get_metadata() to check the values of
$prog->{episode} and $prog->{episodeshort}.  $prog->{episodeshort}
should be populated after the call, but not before, and should contain
just "The Bell Jar".

That section of code should look like:

print "BEFORE: $prog->{episode}-$prog->{episodeshort}\n";
$prog->get_metadata_general();
if ( $opt->{fileprefix} || $opt->{metadata} || $opt->{command} ||
main::exists_in_path( 'atomicparsley' ) ) {
	if ( $prog->get_metadata( $ua ) ) {
		main::logger "ERROR: Could not get programme metadata\n" if
$opt->{verbose};
		return 1;
	}
}
print "AFTER : $prog->{episode}-$prog->{episodeshort}\n";
exit;

The "exit;" is to quit the script before a download is attempted.

The output should look like:

BEFORE: The Bell Jar: Episode 6-
AFTER : The Bell Jar: Episode 6-The Bell Jar

If it doesn't, then you'll have to dig into get_metadata() and find out
what is going wrong.  I can't see what the problem might be, unless the
regex substitutions applied to $prog->{episodeshort} in get_metadata()
aren't working for some reason.  I've no idea what that reason might be.
  $prog->{episode} is populated from the episode field in the cache, and
it appears to be assigned correctly.  Take a look at the radio.cache
file in ~/.get_iplayer and make sure the record for that particular show
looks OK.