Ability to specify a temporary directory.

dinkypumpkin dinkypumpkin at gmail.com
Tue Feb 19 17:52:09 EST 2013

On 19/02/2013 21:27, John G. Dargie wrote:
> On 19 Feb 2013, at 21:21, John G. Dargie wrote:
>> I'm using 2.82.
>>
>> So, for you does it download into a directory called "The_Bell_Jar"?

Yes

> I originally tried those commands with get_iplayer 2.82 on a Mac (Lion).

Mac, Windows, Linux - same result for me on all platforms

> I've just tried the two commands out on a Raspberry Pi (Arch Linux) with get_iplayer 2.82.
> On both computers the --info command returns "The Bell Jar".
> On both computers the subdirectory created is called "The_Bell_Jar_Episode_6" which is not what I expect.

You're getting <episode> instead of <episodeshort> for some reason, but
I can't say why.  Even if you have an options file, your command-line
--subdirformat option should take precedence. Add --show-options to your
second command just to make sure.