No flashhd?

dinkypumpkin dinkypumpkin at gmail.com
Fri Feb 8 10:37:23 EST 2013

On 08/02/2013 15:10, Peter S Kirk wrote:
>> On 07/02/2013 20:59, Peter S Kirk wrote:
>>> http://www.bbc.co.uk/iplayer/episode/b01ql9xk/hd/Danny_Bakers_Great_Album_Showdown_File_under_Pop/
>>
>> To state the obvious (since you have the URL): Check your programme on
>> the iPlayer site first.  At this moment, the programme does not play in
>> HD on the site, so it's unlikely to be available in HD for get_iplayer
>> to download (and it isn't).  If get_iplayer can't find an HD version, it
>
> I've checked and it's on iplayer in HD see:
> http://clip2net.com/clip/m11653/1360336065-clip-94kb.jpg

Reply to the list, not to me.

I didn't say the programme wasn't on the iPlayer site - I said it didn't
play in HD on the iPlayer site.  It still doesn't, and it still isn't
available to get_iplayer.

I suspect your URL isn't legitimate or was published in error.  If you
look at the SD player page:

http://www.bbc.co.uk/iplayer/episode/b01ql9xk/Danny_Bakers_Great_Album_Showdown_File_under_Pop/

there is no link to watch in HD.  That's true for all 3 episodes in the
series. You can stick "/hd/" after the PID in an iPlayer URL and the
iPlayer site will construct an HD player page even if an HD version
isn't available.  Unsurprisingly, it just won't play anything.  Even if
a show is repeated on BBC HD - as was the case here - the Beeb won't
necessarily make an HD version available.