Available modes for non-indexed webvideo

Vangelis forthnet northmedia1 at the.forthnet.gr
Wed Feb 6 12:45:02 EST 2013

Greetings :-)

 The web video at:

http://www.bbc.co.uk/programmes/p014n619

is not indexed in the tv cache (or any other GIP cache),
-------------
INFO: Trying pid: p014n619 using type: tv
INFO Trying to stream pid using type tv
INFO: pid not found in tv cache
INFO: Checking existence of default version
-------------

so it can only be saved on disk using the "pid" approach:

get_iplayer --pid p014n619 --force

But I wanted to know beforehand the available videomodes, so I tried:

get_iplayer -i --fields=pid p014n619 --force &
get_iplayer --fields=pid p014n619 --force --streaminfo

both of those returned:

INFO: 0 Matching Programmes

(obviously because the video is not indexed...).
The only way I could think of  for GIP to divulge this info was to
try the highly unlikely for this webvideo HD videomode,
indeed running:

get_iplayer --pid p014n619 --modes=flashhd --force

returned:

INFO: No specified modes (flashhd) available for this programme with version
'de
fault' (try
using --modes=flashhigh,flashlow,flashstd,flashvhigh,rtsphigh,rtsplo
w,rtspstd,rtspvhigh)
ERROR: Failed to record 'The Official Chart with Jameela Jamil - 03/02/2013:
Jam
eela goes to the bingo (p014n619)'

so the available flashmodes to choose from are:
flashvhigh, flashhigh, flashstd & flashlow.

Is there any other proper way in this case, that eludes me, for finding out
the available
modes before the actual download?
I can do it manually, by first finding vPID at:
http://www.bbc.co.uk/iplayer/playlist/p014n619
(which is p014n61d) & then view the available streams at:
http://www.bbc.co.uk/mediaselector/4/mtis/stream/p014n61d
but how to do it with GIP?
(as far as the actual download is concerned, I know that using
--modes=best will get me the best available quality (i.e. flashvhigh), but
this
is not my original query...)

Many thanks,
Vangelis.