No flashhd?

dinkypumpkin dinkypumpkin at gmail.com
Thu Feb 7 16:49:05 EST 2013

On 07/02/2013 20:59, Peter S Kirk wrote:
> I've had no success over the past couple of weeks. I've used default
> WinXPx86 2.82 WebPVR settings and also:
> Recording The Following Programmes
>
> http://www.bbc.co.uk/iplayer/episode/b01ql9xk/hd/Danny_Bakers_Great_Album_Showdown_File_under_Pop/

To state the obvious (since you have the URL): Check your programme on
the iPlayer site first.  At this moment, the programme does not play in
HD on the site, so it's unlikely to be available in HD for get_iplayer
to download (and it isn't).  If get_iplayer can't find an HD version, it
means it isn't there to download.  Learn to use get_iplayer --info from
the command line to determine which versions are available.  And if all
you want is HD for a particular programme, only include the flashhd
modes in your options - no need to initiate unwanted downloads.  Also,
the modes list shown in your log omits flashvhigh.  That doesn't matter
if all you want is HD, but I thought I would point it out.