Radio-programme thumbnail question

dinkypumpkin dinkypumpkin at gmail.com
Thu Aug 1 15:44:50 EDT 2013

On 01/08/2013 18:28, Jeremy Nicoll - ml get_iplayer wrote:
> So would that make GiP call some program to tag the file, or not?

Tagging is on by default.  Turn it off with --no-tag.

> Then, "--thumb" is described in long help as "Download Thumbnail image if

That option description could do with a bit of editing.

> available", but if I've not set the option, are you saying that it's always
> downloaded, but only kept (separately) if you specify that option?

Yes, unless --no-tag or --no-artwork specified.

> Sorry for the questions, but it's hard to follow what's going on.  Would I
> see more of the process if eg I used --verbose or --debug or some other
> option?  For example would I see the actual commands that GiP issues?

There isn't anything more to see in this case.  get_iplayer either
downloads the thumbnail (or doesn't) and deletes it after use (or doesn't).