Radio-programme thumbnail question

Jeremy Nicoll - ml get_iplayer jn.ml.gti.91 at wingsandbeaks.org.uk
Thu Aug 1 13:28:53 EDT 2013

dinkypumpkin <dinkypumpkin at gmail.com> wrote:

>On 01/08/2013 16:16, Jeremy Nicoll - ml get_iplayer wrote:

> > I keep seeing INFO messages saying that some .jpg  has been downloaded,
> > but there's never any such file present in the output directory after
> > the download is complete.  For example - see INFO (at the end of these
> > lines): ... I have not set the thumb or noartwork preferences.
>
> Unless you specify --thumb, the thumbnail image is deleted after it has
> been added to the MP3 file.  get_iplayer assumes that if you're tagging
> the file you want the thumbnail image as well.

I'm not intentionally tagging anything; --show-options  says:

  Options from Files:
          atomicparsley = atomicparsley.exe
          ffmpeg = ffmpeg.exe
          lame = lame.exe
          mplayer = mplayer.exe
          output = C:\GiP
          rtmpdump = rtmpdump.exe

  Options from Command Line:
          showoptions = 1
          type = radio

  Options Used:
          atomicparsley = atomicparsley.exe
          ffmpeg = ffmpeg.exe
          lame = lame.exe
          mplayer = mplayer.exe
          output = C:\GiP
          rtmpdump = rtmpdump.exe
          showoptions = 1
          type = radio

  Search Args: .*

So would that make GiP call some program to tag the file, or not?

Then, "--thumb" is described in long help as "Download Thumbnail image if
available", but if I've not set the option, are you saying that it's always
downloaded, but only kept (separately) if you specify that option?

Sorry for the questions, but it's hard to follow what's going on.  Would I
see more of the process if eg I used --verbose or --debug or some other
option?  For example would I see the actual commands that GiP issues?

--
Jeremy Nicoll - my opinions are my own.