Help needed with pvr search terms please.

dinkypumpkin dinkypumpkin at gmail.com
Mon Apr 15 18:09:15 EDT 2013

On 15/04/2013 19:11, Alastair wrote:
> I have used get_iplayer --pvr --type=radio --fields=episode "Thursday Opera Matinee"
> --pvradd "Thursday_Opera_Matinee" which gives me in the pvr-list:-
>
> pvrsearch = Thursday_Opera_Matinee
> 	 fields = episode
> 	search0 = Thursday Opera Matinee
> 	type = radio
>
> Showing my ignorance again but I had interpreted this to say search for Thursday Opera
> Matinee in the episode field.  Wrong again but why?
> Further help much appreciated.
> Budgie

Looks OK, and works fine for me:

get_iplayer --pvradd --type=radio --fields=episode "Thursday Opera Matinee"

then

get_iplayer --pvr

Boom - got me some Rossini.

Did you already download the programme?  If so, it won't download again
unless you force it. And don't use --pvr with --pvradd - it will be ignored.

Also, you can use:

get_iplayer --pvr --test

to check your PVR searches without downloading.

If the above isn't working for you, I'm out of advice.  Those are the
simplest commands I can think of to do what you want, and they work fine
here.