Help needed with pvr search terms please.

Alastair ajebay at errichel.co.uk
Mon Apr 15 15:34:46 EDT 2013

On Mon, 15 Apr 2013 23:09:15 +0100 dinkypumpkin wrote:

>On 15/04/2013 19:11, Alastair wrote:
>>I have used get_iplayer --pvr --type=radio --fields=episode "Thursday Opera Matinee"
>>--pvradd "Thursday_Opera_Matinee" which gives me in the pvr-list:-
>>
>>pvrsearch = Thursday_Opera_Matinee
>>	 fields = episode
>>	search0 = Thursday Opera Matinee
>>	type = radio
>>
>>Showing my ignorance again but I had interpreted this to say search for Thursday Opera
>>Matinee in the episode field.  Wrong again but why?
>>Further help much appreciated.
>>Budgie
>
>Looks OK, and works fine for me:
>
>get_iplayer --pvradd --type=radio --fields=episode "Thursday Opera Matinee"
>
>then
>
>get_iplayer --pvr
>
>Boom - got me some Rossini.
>
>Did you already download the programme?  If so, it won't download again unless you
force
>it. And don't use --pvr with --pvradd - it will be ignored.
>
>Also, you can use:
>
>get_iplayer --pvr --test
>
>to check your PVR searches without downloading.
>
>If the above isn't working for you, I'm out of advice.  Those are the simplest commands I
>can think of to do what you want, and they work fine here.

Many thanks once more.  Strange.  If I run the command you give above I get the following
in my pvr-list:-

pvrsearch = --typeradio
	fields = episode
	search0 = Thursday Opera Matinee.

Surely this is not correct and it certainly doesn't work here.

I had already downloaded the Rossini but had subsequently deleted the record from the
history file and moved the downloaded file in order to test the pvr.  Will try again but I have
always added searches to my list using the --pvr followed by the --pvradd as I have
quoted above.
I shall persevere.
Many thanks
Budgie