Problems with auto-refresh under Windows?

dinkypumpkin dinkypumpkin at gmail.com
Tue Sep 25 05:18:10 EDT 2012

On 25/09/2012 09:31, Robin Ellams wrote:
> I don't know whether I'm doing something stupid or have simply noticed
> something that everybody already knows about.  I find that when running
> the PVR manager ("C:\Program Files (x86)\get_iplayer\pvr_manager.cmd")
> under my Win XP or 64-bit Win 7 systems and Firefox (or IE or Chrome),
> the "auto-refresh cache in 1 hour if you keep this page open" feature
> does nothing.  The effect seems to be the same either with the Perl
> system which comes with the get_iplayer install, or with Active Perl or
> Strawberry Perl if I remove the built in Perl.
>      On my Ubuntu Linux system with Firefox, the auto-refresh works as
> advertised.

This is a bug in the web pvr on Windows.  It will be present for all
browsers, all Perls.   Already reported and confirmed here:

http://lists.infradead.org/pipermail/get_iplayer/2012-August/003293.html

I have a patch for this bug, but the patch presents another problem.
I'll commit the patch once I have a chance to sort that out.