Problems with auto-refresh under Windows?

Robin Ellams robin.ellams at bcs.org
Tue Sep 25 04:31:18 EDT 2012

I don't know whether I'm doing something stupid or have simply noticed
something that everybody already knows about.  I find that when running
the PVR manager ("C:\Program Files (x86)\get_iplayer\pvr_manager.cmd")
under my Win XP or 64-bit Win 7 systems and Firefox (or IE or Chrome),
the "auto-refresh cache in 1 hour if you keep this page open" feature
does nothing.  The effect seems to be the same either with the Perl
system which comes with the get_iplayer install, or with Active Perl or
Strawberry Perl if I remove the built in Perl.
     On my Ubuntu Linux system with Firefox, the auto-refresh works as
advertised.