Radio Thumbnails

dinkypumpkin dinkypumpkin at gmail.com
Sun Nov 4 20:09:41 EST 2012

On 05/11/2012 00:21, Alastair wrote:
> Hi dinkypumpkin, thanks for the reply.  The downloading is done on another machine so it
> is a bit of a faf to copy the console output to you but the last "info" line I have is:-
> INFO: MP4 tagging MP4 file.
> It then starts writing to temp file and finishes the same.
> I do not know if this means it is tagging correctly but would you expect always to have the
> jpg file in addition to the m4a file with every download?
>
> I can use VLC to open the m4a music files and the results are not entirely consistent but
> many do then show a thumbnail not always, it appears, the right one!  In other words the
> thumbnail which shows when VLC is playing is not the same as the jpg file associated with
> the file being played.
>
> I am not sure how to point get_iplayer to atomicparsley.  All programs are in their own
> directories in /usr/bin including rtmpdump and I do have the module perl-MP3-tag
> installed.

It appears atomicparsley is installed and working correctly.  As you
noted earlier, you only get a separate jpg file if you use --thumb.
Otherwise, it's deleted after atomicparsley runs.  Most programmes have
a thumbnail of some sort available.  I'd be pretty surprised if VLC is
really showing a different thumbnail than the one retained with --thumb.
  There is only one thumbnail downloaded per episode, so I can't think
where an alternate image would come from.  You'll have to provide a
reproducible test case to convince me of that.