Radio Thumbnails

Alastair ajebay at errichel.co.uk
Mon Nov 5 09:05:34 EST 2012

On Mon, 05 Nov 2012 01:09:41 +0000 dinkypumpkin wrote:

>On 05/11/2012 00:21, Alastair wrote:
>>Hi dinkypumpkin, thanks for the reply.  The downloading is done on another machine so
it
>>is a bit of a faf to copy the console output to you but the last "info" line I have is:-
>>INFO: MP4 tagging MP4 file.
>>It then starts writing to temp file and finishes the same.
>>I do not know if this means it is tagging correctly but would you expect always to have
the
>>jpg file in addition to the m4a file with every download?
>>
>>I can use VLC to open the m4a music files and the results are not entirely consistent but
>>many do then show a thumbnail not always, it appears, the right one!  In other words the
>>thumbnail which shows when VLC is playing is not the same as the jpg file associated
>with
>>the file being played.
>>
>>I am not sure how to point get_iplayer to atomicparsley.  All programs are in their own
>>directories in /usr/bin including rtmpdump and I do have the module perl-MP3-tag
>>installed.
>
>It appears atomicparsley is installed and working correctly.  As you noted earlier, you only
>get a separate jpg file if you use --thumb. Otherwise, it's deleted after atomicparsley
runs.
>Most programmes have a thumbnail of some sort available.  I'd be pretty surprised if VLC
is
>really showing a different thumbnail than the one retained with --thumb.  There is only
one
>thumbnail downloaded per episode, so I can't think where an alternate image would come
>from.  You'll have to provide a reproducible test case to convince me of that.

Could you clarify please.  If I do not include --thumb in my preferences do I still get the
embedded thumbnail?  I perhaps misunderstood and thought I would get no thumbnail if I
didn't have the --thump preference set.   I ask because I don't really need the separate
image if the embedded one is there (and works!).

On the second point my problem may be an artifact of the fact that files are on remote NAS
and VLC  cache might not be clearing.  Will revert to this issue only when everything is
working.  Meanwhile tagging is main issue even without thumbnail problem.   I will work
harder!

A.