Radio Thumbnails

Alastair ajebay at errichel.co.uk
Sun Nov 4 19:21:16 EST 2012

On Sun, 04 Nov 2012 18:48:58 +0000 dinkypumpkin wrote:

>On 04/11/2012 19:09, Alastair wrote:
>>Been on other tasks and only just returned to the thumbnail question so please could I
pick
>>up where I left off?
>>
>>Since adding --thumb I am getting jpg file as separate file with all my BBC downloads.
>>Since tagging is not correct on radio downloads I have no idea yet whether there is a jpg
>file
>>embedded in the m4a file as well but it appears not when move files using Dolphin.
>>
>>Before I added the --thumb the jpg was downloaded and then erased as I recall.  Should
it
>>be embedded?
>
>Same advice the OP for this thread received: make sure you have atomicparsley installed.
>If your M4A files are not being tagged, then you don't have it installed or you haven't
>properly configured get_iplayer to locate it.  You can tell if atomicparsley is being executed
if
>you see "INFO: MP4 tagging M4A file" in the get_iplayer output.  If you do have it installed
>properly, I'm willing to bet that the thumbnail is embedded and the problem lies with
>Dolphin.  Open your M4A file in VLC or some other application that you know should
display
>the embedded thumbnail and other metadata.

Hi dinkypumpkin, thanks for the reply.  The downloading is done on another machine so it
is a bit of a faf to copy the console output to you but the last "info" line I have is:-
INFO: MP4 tagging MP4 file.
It then starts writing to temp file and finishes the same.
I do not know if this means it is tagging correctly but would you expect always to have the
jpg file in addition to the m4a file with every download?

I can use VLC to open the m4a music files and the results are not entirely consistent but
many do then show a thumbnail not always, it appears, the right one!  In other words the
thumbnail which shows when VLC is playing is not the same as the jpg file associated with
the file being played.

I am not sure how to point get_iplayer to atomicparsley.  All programs are in their own
directories in /usr/bin including rtmpdump and I do have the module perl-MP3-tag
installed.

Grateful for any answers and advice on how to proceed.
Alastair.