Radio Thumbnails

dinkypumpkin dinkypumpkin at gmail.com
Sun Nov 4 13:48:58 EST 2012

On 04/11/2012 19:09, Alastair wrote:
> Been on other tasks and only just returned to the thumbnail question so please could I pick
> up where I left off?
>
> Since adding --thumb I am getting jpg file as separate file with all my BBC downloads.
> Since tagging is not correct on radio downloads I have no idea yet whether there is a jpg file
> embedded in the m4a file as well but it appears not when move files using Dolphin.
>
> Before I added the --thumb the jpg was downloaded and then erased as I recall.  Should it
> be embedded?

Same advice the OP for this thread received: make sure you have
atomicparsley installed.  If your M4A files are not being tagged, then
you don't have it installed or you haven't properly configured
get_iplayer to locate it.  You can tell if atomicparsley is being
executed if you see "INFO: MP4 tagging M4A file" in the get_iplayer
output.  If you do have it installed properly, I'm willing to bet that
the thumbnail is embedded and the problem lies with Dolphin.  Open your
M4A file in VLC or some other application that you know should display
the embedded thumbnail and other metadata.