Saved filename format for recordings

MrArtist ta-getiplayer at logonoff.com
Mon Mar 26 19:19:30 EDT 2012

Hi
I just wanted to ask if there's a way to alter the way the Get_iPlayer
(via Web PVR Manager on Windows) saves programme filenames?

Some names can get quite long and I have no need to see the PID or the
word 'default' at the end of each one. I also don't need or like
the_underscores_between_words._It_makes_them_difficult_to_read.

For instance, this is a TV show as displayed in my file manager:

Upstairs_Downstairs_Series_2_-_1._A_Faraway_Country_About_Which_We_Know_Nothing_p00njdz8_default.mp4

I would prefer to save it as:

Upstairs Downstairs Series 2 - 1. A Faraway Country About Which We Know
Nothing.mp4

 From what I understand, the actual filename is of no particular
importance to Get_iPlayer as the actual programme name and details are
saved and referenced by Get_iPlayer in the download_history file so if I
ever need that info it can be found later.

The only possible issue I can think of is when using Web PVR Manager to
view recordings via its internal VLC installation, which incidentally I
never use, partly because it doesn't seem to work in my browser
(Firefox), and in any case I prefer to view my folder of recordings and
watch via double tapping on the file I want which opens my separate
installation of VLC. But then again, I'm sure VLC could be made aware of
filename format whatever it is via Web PVR if needs be.

So, is there something I can edit somewhere to change the default file
naming method?

Many thanks