Broken following update

dinkypumpkin dinkypumpkin at gmail.com
Tue Mar 13 18:47:39 EDT 2012

On 09/03/2012 17:26, Derek Moss wrote:
> The first time I ran it it had major problems as I didn't have a lib
> subfolder and thus it was unable to create the files it needed to in
> it. I realised I could probably just make that folder manually, so I
> did and re-ran the installer and it all seemed to go fine.

The installer basically just decompresses the "lib" folder into place,
so if it can't create a folder in the installation directory due to some
problem with permissions/privileges, it doesn't augur well for success,
even if you pre-create the folder.  Can you install in another location?
  If so, how do the permissions on that folder compare to those on
E:/Portable Apps/Get_iplayer?  And are you running as an administrator?
  If you're on Windows 7, I suppose there could be some shenanigans
involving User Account Control, but that seems very unlikely given that
you're installing to a non-protected location.

> However, now when I try and run get_iplayer.cmd or get_iplayer.cgi.cmd
> I get these errors:
>
> Can't locate Env.pm in @INC (@INC contains: E:/Portable
> Apps/Get_iplayer/lib .) at get_iplayer.pl line 52.
> BEGIN failed--compilation aborted at get_iplayer.pl line 52.

So to the obvious question: Is Env.pm (or anything else) in E:/Portable
Apps/Get_iplayer/lib?  If so, can you open it from the get_iplayer
prompt, e.g., "more lib\Env.pm"?  If so, try "perl -MEnv -e 1" from the
get_iplayer prompt, to confirm that Perl can't access the module.