Mailing list info page & its main archive down for several days now...

Vangelis forthnet northmedia1 at the.forthnet.gr
Tue Mar 13 05:20:14 EDT 2012

Hello to all!

 For many days now I am unable to access from my location (Greece) the
get_iplayer mailing list info page:

and, most important to me, its main archive at:

http://lists.infradead.org/pipermail/get_iplayer/

Both these links are from the "get_iplayer lives!" homepage:

http://www.infradead.org/get_iplayer/html/get_iplayer.html

which I can access without fail.
 The error I get is that the host "lists.infradead.org" is down. I was lucky
enough to find (the only) one snapshot
of the mailing list info page in the "Internet Archive" here:

and used it to send this mail. I've also CCed D.Woodhouse for fear this mail
doesn't make it to the list,
so apologies David if you get this twice.
 Oddly enough, the mirror archive at:

http://www.mail-archive.com/get_iplayer@lists.infradead.org/maillist.html

is still accessible, so I use that to browse past posts, but I've also
noticed it was very quiet these past few days;
until I saw yesterday's mail of Derek Moss, a proof that the mailing list
itself works!
However, only the main archive (currently down for me) is suitable for
replying to an existing thread from within
the archive itself (which is what I do), as explained by DW many months ago:

On Sat, 2011-04-02 , David Woodhouse <dwmw2 at infradead.org> wrote:

>This time it was correct; I suspect you used *my* archive. If you go to
>http://lists.infradead.org/pipermail/get_iplayer/2011-March/001193.html
>and let your mouse hover over the address at the top, you'll see that
>the mailto: url contains '...&In-Reply-To=<AANLkTi...' which means that
>your mailer *does* get the threading information right in your reply.
>But the mailto: URL you get when you use the button on mail-archive.com
>is broken; it doesn't include the In-Reply-To: header. And it even
>bypasses my 'Re: in Subject but no References' filter, because it
>doesn't include 'Re:' in the subject either!
>
>As long as you use *my* archive to reply, and not the broken one on
>mail-archive.com, you should be fine.

I have ruled out DNS problems on my side (tried GoogleDNS & 2 different
VPNs - which come with their own DNS servers, still a no go).
Is this the same for the rest of you and, to DW, any idea if / when can this
be fixed?

Kind regards,
Vangelis.