How to find a particular episode

Colin Law clanlaw at googlemail.com
Sun Mar 4 11:32:55 EST 2012

On 4 March 2012 16:17, dinkypumpkin <dinkypumpkin at gmail.com> wrote:
> On 04/03/2012 11:25, Colin Law wrote:
>>
>> On 4 March 2012 02:50, Andy Bircumshaw<andy at networkned.co.uk>  wrote:
>>>
>>> However, this *is* exactly what --pvr is for - when you add a programme
>>> using `get_iplayer --pvr-queue 1234` then get_iplayer will look up the PID
>>> and store that as the download criteria. It doesn't matter if the index
>>> number changes, as it invariably will, because the PID is eternal.
>>

>> OK, I did not realise that --pvr-queue would do that.  Presumably
>> there is a very small chance that the number will change between doing
>> the search and issuing the pvr queue command, but probably vanishingly
>> small.  Or is it clever enough to get the pid from the previous search
>> rather than querying again?
>

> It can't use a previous search, but the index number will only change when
> the cache is refreshed (it's the cache that is searched).  So, unless the
> cache is refreshed between searching and queueing, no problem.

Is the index number a value that only exists in the PC then, not on
the BBC server?  Or is it that pvrqueue will look in the cache to find
both the index number and the PID, so even if the index number has
changed on the BBC server the lookup of the old number in the cache
will give the correct PID?

Colin