How do I download embedded audio?

Matt Rolls mattyboyrolls at hotmail.com
Mon Feb 13 19:13:19 EST 2012

> dinkypumpkin:
>
> The Andy Kershaw programme can be downloaded with:
>
> get_iplayer --type=radio
> http://www.bbc.co.uk/radio3/world-music/zimbabwe-1988.shtml

----

Thanks, I've now managed to get the Adam and Joe mp3.

Unfortunately, I can't get the above command to work for the Andy Kershaw mp3.

Here is the log info:

C:\Program Files (x86)\get_iplayer>get_iplayer --type=radio http://www.bbc.co.uk/radio3/world-music/zimbabwe-1988.shtml --force
get_iplayer v2.79, Copyright (C) 2008-2010 Phil Lewis
This program comes with ABSOLUTELY NO WARRANTY; for details use --warranty.
This is free software, and you are welcome to redistribute it under certain
conditions; use --conditions for details.

INFO: Trying pid: http://www.bbc.co.uk/radio3/world-music/zimbabwe-1988.shtml us
ing type: radio
INFO Trying to stream pid using type radio
INFO: pid not found in radio cache
INFO: Checking existence of default version
INFO: flashaudio1,rtspaudio1 modes will be tried for version default
INFO: Trying flashaudio1 mode to record radio:  -
INFO: File name prefix = Andy_Kershaw_in_Zimbabwe_-_-_http_www.bbc.co.uk_radio3_
world-music_zimbabwe-1988.shtml_default
RTMPDump v2.3
(c) 2010 Andrej Stepanchuk, Howard Chu, The Flvstreamer Team; license: GPL
Connecting ...
INFO: Connected...
ERROR: rtmp server sent error
ERROR: rtmp server requested close
INFO: Command exit code 1 (raw code = 256)
WARNING: Failed to stream file C:\Users\Matt\Desktop\iPlayer Recordings\Andy_Ker
shaw_in_Zimbabwe_-_-_http_www.bbc.co.uk_radio3_world-music_zimbabwe-1988.shtml_d
efault.partial.mp3.flv via RTMP
INFO: skipping flashaudio1 mode
INFO: Trying rtspaudio1 mode to record radio: Andy Kershaw in Zimbabwe - -
INFO: File name prefix = Andy_Kershaw_in_Zimbabwe_-_-_http_www.bbc.co.uk_radio3_
world-music_zimbabwe-1988.shtml_default
INFO: Recording Low Quality H.264 stream
INFO: Recorded C:\Users\Matt\Desktop\iPlayer Recordings\Andy_Kershaw_in_Zimbabwe
_-_-_http_www.bbc.co.uk_radio3_world-music_zimbabwe-1988.shtml_default.mp3

I am using Windows 7. VLC player seems to pop up for a split second and then closes.

Any idea's on what I'm doing wrong?

Thanks

Matt