How do I download embedded audio?

dinkypumpkin dinkypumpkin at gmail.com
Mon Feb 13 20:29:15 EST 2012

On 14/02/2012 00:13, Matt Rolls wrote:
>> get_iplayer --type=radio
>> http://www.bbc.co.uk/radio3/world-music/zimbabwe-1988.shtml
>
> Unfortunately, I can't get the above command to work for the Andy Kershaw mp3.
>
> Here is the log info:
>
> C:\Program Files (x86)\get_iplayer>get_iplayer --type=radio http://www.bbc.co.uk/radio3/world-music/zimbabwe-1988.shtml --force
> get_iplayer v2.79, Copyright (C) 2008-2010 Phil Lewis

You still have old versions of get_iplayer and rtmpdump, so my first
suggestion would be to get the latest Windows installer and do a full
reinstall, then try again.  I don't have an old version at hand to
check, but I know the current version works.  If you can't do that for
some reason, you could run with --verbose to see if any more useful
information is logged about the rtmpdump error.

> I am using Windows 7. VLC player seems to pop up for a split second and then closes.

That happens because when the flashaudio stream fails to download,
get_iplayer falls through and attempts to download the rtsp stream,
which is handled by VLC, but that croaks as well.  You wouldn't want the
rtsp stream, anyway.  You can add --modes=flashaudio so that the rtsp
stream is excluded entirely.