Olympic ceremonies

dinkypumpkin dinkypumpkin at gmail.com
Wed Aug 15 09:47:27 EDT 2012

On 15/08/2012 13:52, louisebay2 at ntlworld.com wrote:
> I'm getting the :
> av_interleaved_write_frame error on the last chunk now because I
> didn't really get enough of an overlap. I will do it again but in
> reading the comment by sebus in your thread Dinky, I tried to get the
> march build via the link and couldn't find it.

S/he appears to be right, at least about the most recent ffmpeg builds
from zeranoe.com, but the link provided was singularly unhelpful.
AFAICT, the issue has only appeared in builds from roughly the last
month, so could only be a temporary situation.  The zeranoe.com builds
are created from the head of the ffmpeg development branch and thus pick
up things that don't survive into release versions.  Do you even have a
version of ffmpeg new enough to worry about?  The build that comes with
get_iplayer dates from last year, so works OK.

Also see my reply in that google code thread.  Even with a shiny new
build it's probably good enough to just shift -ss after -i in the ffmpeg
command.

> I'd be keen to try it just to see if Sebus is right about the windows
> version, it may perhaps make life a little easier. If anyone knows of
> where I can obtain the build that deals with wonky timecodes more
> gracefully can you post the link?

Just go to http://ffmpeg.zeranoe.com/builds/win32/static/ and find the
build you want.

If you want to be a guinea pig, try this one:

http://ffmpeg.zeranoe.com/builds/win32/static/ffmpeg-20120525-git-e02e58f-win32-static.7z

That equates exactly to ffmpeg 0.11, and is the version I'm considering
for the Windows installer.