Olympic ceremonies

louisebay2 at ntlworld.com louisebay2 at ntlworld.com
Wed Aug 15 10:11:13 EDT 2012

> S/he appears to be right, at least about the most recent ffmpeg builds from
> zeranoe.com, but the link provided was singularly unhelpful. AFAICT, the
> issue has only appeared in builds from roughly the last month, so could only
> be a temporary situation.  The zeranoe.com builds are created from the head
> of the ffmpeg development branch and thus pick up things that don't survive
> into release versions.  Do you even have a version of ffmpeg new enough to
> worry about?  The build that comes with get_iplayer dates from last year, so
> works OK.

The date of the one in the distribution is 23/06/2012 so it's in
between I guess.

> Also see my reply in that google code thread.  Even with a shiny new build
> it's probably good enough to just shift -ss after -i in the ffmpeg command.

Yes I can confirm that. I re-did the final chunk with the 5 mins extra
to allow for the trim and it worked ok.  FWIW I tried for a 2 chunk
deal and pretty much as you found, (it didn't hang), it ended up
incomplete. The 3rd chunk went to the end ok although I was surprised
that the whole 'banana' ended up being 5.59GB (I refuse to say GiB
:-))

>> I'd be keen to try it just to see if Sebus is right about the windows
>> version, it may perhaps make life a little easier. If anyone knows of
>> where I can obtain the build that deals with wonky timecodes more
>> gracefully can you post the link?
>

> Just go to http://ffmpeg.zeranoe.com/builds/win32/static/ and find the build
> you want.
>
> If you want to be a guinea pig, try this one:
>
> http://ffmpeg.zeranoe.com/builds/win32/static/ffmpeg-20120525-git-e02e58f-win32-static.7z
>
> That equates exactly to ffmpeg 0.11, and is the version I'm considering for
> the Windows installer.

If you need a windows perspective I'm happy to test if you like.