Olympic ceremonies

louisebay2 at ntlworld.com louisebay2 at ntlworld.com
Tue Aug 14 16:22:28 EDT 2012

On 14 August 2012 21:09, dinkypumpkin <dinkypumpkin at gmail.com> wrote:

>> shorter time a go to see if it works. To be clear though, if I can
>> remux is there any disadvantage in having a partial file as opposed to
>> a clean run?
>

> Not really.  I was making a clean version of the full opening ceremony by
> concatenating trimmed MP4 chunks in a video editor, so it was handy that the
> first chunk had all the metadata, which could then be saved to the final MP4
> file.  You can always add your own metadata.

Ok, I'm not to concerned about the metadata. I did think about
transcoding to mpeg2 and making a dvd but my editing machine is out of
action at the moment so I'm a bit pressed for tools on this laptop.
It;d be nice to see what I'm cutting and editing but as long as I've
got the overlapping chunks saved I have a bunch of choices open.

The first chunk (ffmpeg) came out fine btw. Thanks so much for your
time and patience.

Louis