Olympic ceremonies

dinkypumpkin dinkypumpkin at gmail.com
Tue Aug 14 16:09:47 EDT 2012

On 14/08/2012 20:54, louisebay2 at ntlworld.com wrote:
> Ok I'll give that a try and btw thanks for the
> http://code.google.com/p/get-iplayer-automator/issues/detail?id=84#c13
> link,
> this is just what I needed, I've got ffmpeg chugging away on a test
> partial.mp4.flv so I should be good to go. The rest of your
> instructions are going to be useful once I've skipped over the mac
> specific parts which I'm sure won't be a problem, I just wanted to get
> the ffmpeg steps clear and out the way first. I'll then give the

You only need to look at part 3 at the end.

> shorter time a go to see if it works. To be clear though, if I can
> remux is there any disadvantage in having a partial file as opposed to
> a clean run?

Not really.  I was making a clean version of the full opening ceremony
by concatenating trimmed MP4 chunks in a video editor, so it was handy
that the first chunk had all the metadata, which could then be saved to
the final MP4 file.  You can always add your own metadata.