Olympic ceremonies

dinkypumpkin dinkypumpkin at gmail.com
Tue Aug 14 10:20:38 EDT 2012

On 14/08/2012 14:57, louisebay2 at ntlworld.com wrote:
> A second try with the attempts=1 gives me yet another failure
> DEBUG: HandleInvoke, onStatus: NetStream.Play.Stop
> DEBUG: Invoking deleteStream
> DEBUG: Got Play.Complete or Play.Stop from server. Assuming stream is complete
> -2047173.555 kB / 5060.00 sec (36.5%)
> DEBUG: RTMP_Read returned: 0
> Download may be incomplete (downloaded about 36.50%), try resuming
> DEBUG: Closing connection.
>
> So again I'm left with the partial.mp4.flv file.
> I'm beginning to think that it might be better to see if something can
>   fix the timecodes as it does play in vlc but the seek is practically
> useless. If I could be confident that these files can be rectified I
> could just get on and grab the footage I want and sort it later.

It's impossible to evaluate that if you don't show us the command you
used and the full output.  Regardless of that, it's not really a failure
- you have nearly 1.5 hrs of the programme downloaded.  You can try to
set --stop to a smaller value in an attempt to get a clean finish, but
probably not worth the bother.  Just download the next chunk, with
--start set to 5-10 mins before the end of the previous chunk, and so
on.  You can re-mux and fix timestamps later.

Read this:

http://lists.infradead.org/pipermail/get_iplayer/2012-August/003354.html

and this:

http://code.google.com/p/get-iplayer-automator/issues/detail?id=84#c13