Olympic ceremonies

louisebay2 at ntlworld.com louisebay2 at ntlworld.com
Tue Aug 14 09:57:55 EDT 2012

On 14 August 2012 14:17, dinkypumpkin <dinkypumpkin at gmail.com> wrote:
> Reply to the list, not to me.

Sorry again, it's a pain that the list address isn't the one in the reply field.

> On 14/08/2012 14:04, louisebay2 at ntlworld.com wrote:
>>
>> So it does appear to be to do with the key frame. So if I understand
>> it correctly I need to specify a start - stop duration that is
>> divisible by 4 to get the last keyframe in?
>

> Not terribly relevant except for your test case.  Keyframe distance will be
> different for different programmes at different encoding quality. For this
> case, just round your --stop values to the nearest minute and use
> --attempts=1.  You don't want to bother with retry/resume here.

A second try with the attempts=1 gives me yet another failure
DEBUG: HandleInvoke, onStatus: NetStream.Play.Stop
DEBUG: Invoking deleteStream
DEBUG: Got Play.Complete or Play.Stop from server. Assuming stream is complete
-2047173.555 kB / 5060.00 sec (36.5%)
DEBUG: RTMP_Read returned: 0
Download may be incomplete (downloaded about 36.50%), try resuming
DEBUG: Closing connection.

So again I'm left with the partial.mp4.flv file.
I'm beginning to think that it might be better to see if something can
 fix the timecodes as it does play in vlc but the seek is practically
useless. If I could be confident that these files can be rectified I
could just get on and grab the footage I want and sort it later.

>> Also how does one re-mux separately. Is that a get_iplayer post
>> function or do I have to reach for some other tools?
>

> Use the mailing list archive.  Somebody posted a tutorial on this last week.

Ok, I do 	appologise for the dumb questions but I am pretty new to
get_iplayer and all the command line utils and  it's a bit daunting.
Just wanted to get the Olympics and trying to get up to speed. I'm
failing miserably at the moment though. :-)