Olympic ceremonies

louisebay2 at ntlworld.com louisebay2 at ntlworld.com
Tue Aug 14 14:58:31 EDT 2012

On 14 August 2012 15:20, dinkypumpkin <dinkypumpkin at gmail.com> wrote:

>> So again I'm left with the partial.mp4.flv file.
>> I'm beginning to think that it might be better to see if something can
>>   fix the timecodes as it does play in vlc but the seek is practically
>> useless. If I could be confident that these files can be rectified I
>> could just get on and grab the footage I want and sort it later.

> It's impossible to evaluate that if you don't show us the command you used
> and the full output.

Ok, this is the command line:
perl get_iplayer.pl  --modes=flashhd1  --stop=5060 --attempts=1
--file-prefix="<name>-<episode>-Part1" --pid p00w2r5c --force
--verbose > log.txt

Unfortunately I don't have the full output as it got overwritten and
what is redirected to the log.txt is somewhat different to what I see
on stdout (in the dos window).

I can re-do it if it would help you figure this out.

>Regardless of that, it's not really a failure - you
> have nearly 1.5 hrs of the programme downloaded.  You can try to set --stop
> to a smaller value in an attempt to get a clean finish, but probably not
> worth the bother.  Just download the next chunk, with --start set to 5-10
> mins before the end of the previous chunk, and so on.  You can re-mux and
> fix timestamps later.

I was hoping that would be the case. If that's a way forward then I'll
just try to get the chunks in first instead of what I've been doing,
which is to discard them and start over.

> Read this:
>
> http://lists.infradead.org/pipermail/get_iplayer/2012-August/003354.html
>
> and this:
>
> http://code.google.com/p/get-iplayer-automator/issues/detail?id=84#c13
>
> and adapt to your situation.

Ok going to read up on those two links and thanks for sticking with
me, I appreciate it.