AtomicParsley (Windows) crashes when writing some descriptions

Kevin Reilly getiplayer at denali.org.uk
Tue Sep 20 13:14:16 EDT 2011

On 20/09/2011 07:44, Kevin Reilly wrote:

> I'm going to be away from the PC for the next ten hours or so, and unable
> to do any more testing, but hopefully this may assist anyone else who's
> seeing similar behaviour, and perhaps lead to an explanation and/or a
> better work-around?

For what it's worth it's definitely the long description that is causing
AtomicParsley to fall over, at least for the episode of Spooks I've been
working with. Leave the regular description alone, but comment out the two
long options, and it tags fine.

Since I never look at descriptions anyway this is a small price to pay. I
don't normally like leaving work-arounds in place rather than finding a
proper solution (people who think un-ticking something in msconfig[1] has
solved the problem drive me crazy) but this just seems like too trivial a
problem to spend ages narrowing it down.

[1] a basic debugging tool for those of us without real computers.

--
Kev