Windows installer fails to download atomicparsley

dinkypumpkin dinkypumpkin at gmail.com
Tue Nov 8 09:45:48 EST 2011

On 08/11/2011 13:28, Jon Davies wrote:
> hotfixes, but IE6 (I didn't install IE7 or 8).  Since IE8 is deployed
> as a security fix, and IE6 is known to be insecure, I'd be inclined to
> note that the install doesn't work with IE6 and leave it there, with
> "upgrade" being the resolution.  As far as I am aware no actual user
> has had a problem with this ;-)

You're right.  I'll leave things as they are.  Over the years, I think
I've developed a case of Stockholm Syndrome with IE6.  Time to break
those chains :}  Actually, it's not IE6 per se that that is the problem
- it's some peculiarity with that old version of Wininet.  And for
anyone who noticed, I was wrong about the redirect limitations of the
NSIS download plugin.  I had it mixed up with the Inno Setup download
plugin.  No more installers after midnight for me.