Failed to get iphone URL from iplayer site [Nov 2011 ! ]

andrew.tyler at talktalk.net andrew.tyler at talktalk.net
Thu Nov 10 12:20:23 EST 2011

 Hi;

Firstly, excellent tool for lovers of BBC iPlayer that Hate 1 Week
punitive limits on usual DRM downloads.

The following is Just a heads up.

I am seeing "Failed to get iphone URL from iplayer site" error again,
this having been discussed in the Forum Nov 2010
(http://www.mail-archive.com/get_iplayer@lists.infradead.org/msg00183.htm
l).

The get_iplayer proceeds to download an flv default (using RTMPDump ?)
and then converts to mp4 (using ffmpeg ?).

Whilst this is perfectly good enough for me, I wonder if the esteemed
authors of the tool are aware of the BBC failing to serve the iphone
URL ?