get_iplayer HD problems solve windows os

Nigel Taylor njtaylor at asterisk.demon.co.uk
Mon May 9 06:45:54 EDT 2011

On 05/09/11 05:14, chris chery wrote:
> hi
> if your operating system is  windows and you have downloading problems in HD
> mail me for patched get_iplayer.pl file
>
> then get into program files / get_iplayer
> replace   get_iplayer.pl with the patched file of the same name
> I cannot attach it to this mail as it is255 Ko and bounces
>

>   (" Message body is too big: 339389 bytes with a limit of 40 KB")
>

> regards
> cc
>>
>> ----- Original Message ----- From: "Adam Warren" <corporationofidiots at gmail.com>

Hi,

Original problem can be found here, follow the thread -
http://lists.infradead.org/pipermail/get_iplayer/2011-April/001380.html

Use the previous instructions in the mail lists to fix the problem which can be
found here.
http://lists.infradead.org/pipermail/get_iplayer/2011-April/001449.html
http://lists.infradead.org/pipermail/get_iplayer/2011-April/001429.html

These tell you to go to the url,

https://github.com/dinkypumpkin/get_iplayer/wiki/instructions

and click on link to download as instructed from here

https://github.com/dinkypumpkin/get_iplayer/raw/master/get_iplayer

or you can download from the master git repository rather than the fork

http://git.infradead.org/get_iplayer.git/tree

Right click on raw of line with get_iplayer and save.

That downloads this...
http://git.infradead.org/get_iplayer.git/blob_plain/HEAD:/get_iplayer

See also Applying patches to get_iplayer thread
http://lists.infradead.org/pipermail/get_iplayer/2011-April/001407.html

Using the above will include other patches that may be missing.

Regards

Nigel Taylor