Applying patches to get_iplayer

Jon Davies jon at hedgerows.org.uk
Mon Apr 18 05:50:40 EDT 2011

On 18 April 2011 07:52, Hazel Jordan <hazelmjordan at gmail.com> wrote:
> As a complete beginner to this  - how can I apply the patch to my (windows 7
> installed) version of get_iplayer?

Make a backup first...

Grab a copy of the latest patched version of the get_iplayer script
from the git repository here:

http://git.infradead.org/get_iplayer.git/blob_plain/HEAD:/get_iplayer

and drop it in to replace get_iplayer.pl

If you need the latest ffmpeg (which fixes a couple of other small
problems), then it's a little more complicated and I'll defer
describing how to do this to someone who actually uses get_iplayer on
windows...  but there are recent builds of ffmpeg here:
  http://hawkeye.arrozcru.org/
pick either the 32 bit of 64 bit static (latest) version depending on
whether your windows is 32bit or 64bit, and replace your existing
ffmpeg.exe with the new one.

Cheers
Jon