Problem with ffmpeg?

Shevek shevek at shevek.co.uk
Wed Mar 9 03:29:50 EST 2011

On 9 March 2011 03:33, Magic Cheezer <magic_cheezer at hotmail.com> wrote:

> hi
>
> just wondering if you ever sorted out the whole brainfart-cropping debacle
>
> which ffmpeg version did you end up using and what are your HD input/output resolutions??
>
> I'm still using SVN-r25128 (Sep 16, 2010)
> and I get 724 output from 720 input (with a brainfart cropping message)
>
> thanks!

I discovered that it was in fact one of the renderers in MPC-HC that
was causing the green banding [1]. If you switch to another renderer
or use VLC the files play fine.

So I have been using r26400 (Jan 18 2011) which is the last windows
autobuild (these stopped when the big split happened at ffmpeg [3])

I've since ditched MPC-HC and now use VLC exclusively

HTH

Shevek

[1] http://lists.infradead.org/pipermail/get_iplayer/2011-January/000718.html
[2] http://ffmpeg.arrozcru.org/autobuilds/