Problem with ffmpeg or the source?

Shevek shevek at shevek.co.uk
Thu Jan 20 16:37:59 EST 2011

OK, I think this issue may have been a bit of a red herring.

I was having some unrelated issues with Media Player Classic Home
Cinema the other day and solved them by switching the renderer from
EVR to Haali or VMR-9

I have now noticed that the green bar has gone from the HD files
remuxed with the later ffmpeg.

If I switch back to the EVR renderer the green bar is back!

So, whilst there is something wrong with the video I think (it reports
as 1280x724 not 1280x720) it is actually the renderer which is showing
it up.

The only issue I have with this workaround is that EVR is the only way
to get it to play in DXVA mode - none of the other renderers support
DXVA