Sending patches

David Woodhouse dwmw2 at infradead.org
Tue Jan 25 07:49:02 EST 2011

On Tue, 2011-01-25 at 12:31 +0000, Shevek wrote:

> Everything works up to the "git am --signoff" (which I assume will
> require write access to the infradead.org master repo?)

Not at all. You'll be committing to your own *local* repository.
Technically speaking there is no "master"; this is a distributed version
control system. The only way that my repository is a "master" is in a
social sense.

Do commit to your own repositories; that's the only way you'll then be
able to use things like git-send-email (or git-format-patch) to then
send the patches *out* again. Or you could just push your repository to
somewhere like github and ask me to pull from there, instead of sending
patches in email.

--
dwmw2