Sending patches

Shevek shevek at shevek.co.uk
Tue Jan 25 07:31:54 EST 2011

On 4 January 2011 16:34, David Woodhouse <dwmw2 at infradead.org> wrote:

> Firstly, that means using 'diff'. Rather than a prosaic description of
> what you changed, please send a patch.

If you are just starting out using GIT (like me!) then this tutorial
may be of some use to show you how to correctly create a patch file
for submission:

http://ariejan.net/2009/10/26/how-to-create-and-apply-a-patch-with-git/

Everything works up to the "git am --signoff" (which I assume will
require write access to the infradead.org master repo?)

If you stop at that point I'm pretty sure you will have a patch file
that is compatible with David's requirements for submission.

Next step for me, figuring out how to use git-send-email to email it for me!

HTH

Shevek