HD playback issue on PS3

Chris Marriott chris at chrism.demon.co.uk
Sat Jan 15 12:15:01 EST 2011

Hi Michael,

I had similar problems with my old Netgear media streamer box, except in my
case the video would play (apparently at normal speed) but with no sound.
It's clearly a problem with the codec, and unless it's software updatable
(which I doubt it is in the PS3) there's nothing you do do about it other
than to transcode the video, which is a pain.

I "solved" the problem by buying a Western Digital "TV Live HD" media
streamer. Pretty inexpensive, and it plays all my iPlayer video (and
everything else I've thrown at it) without a hitch. Thoroughly recommended -
it's a very nice piece of kit.

Regards,

Chris