HD playback issue on PS3

Andy Bircumshaw andy at networkned.co.uk
Sat Jan 15 13:55:33 EST 2011

On 15/1/2011, at 5:15pm, Chris Marriott wrote:
> I "solved" the problem by buying a Western Digital "TV Live HD" media streamer. Pretty inexpensive, and it plays all my iPlayer video (and everything else I've thrown at it) without a hitch. Thoroughly recommended - it's a very nice piece of kit.

Also worth looking at are the PlayOn series. The new v2 version of their PlayOn HD Mini is the first player to use the new RealTek chipset; it's either recently released or about to be. The other PlayOn players (PlayOn HD, original PlayOn HD Mini) share the same chipset as the Western Digital.

Software is under heavy development right now - some versions tend buggy, but PlayOn's staff respond to support requests on their forums. DVD menus are supported; the PlayOn's own menu appears much improved going forward.

Frequently on Scan's "Today Only" page, signing up at the forums at AVforums.com gets you free shipping.

aB.