Unable to download any video since yesterday

Chris Marriott chris at chrism.demon.co.uk
Fri Jan 7 09:29:13 EST 2011

I’ve only just joined the list, so apologies if this has already been
discussed, but since yesterday I’ve been unable to download any video.

I'm using get_iplayer 2.78 on 64-bit Windows 7. I use the command:

get_iplayer --mode=flashhigh --pid=xxxxxxxxx

and (for all programs) I get errors like this:

ERROR: RTMP_ReadPacket, failed to read RTMP packet header
INFO: Command exit code 1 (raw code = 256)
WARNING: Failed to stream file C:\iPlayer
Recordings/The_Brain_-_A_Secret_History_1._Mind_Control_b00xhgkd_default.partial.mp4.flv
via RTMP
INFO: skipping flashhigh1 mode
INFO: Trying flashhigh2 mode to record tv: The Brain - A Secret History: 1.
Mind
Control
INFO: File name prefix =
The_Brain_-_A_Secret_History_1._Mind_Control_b00xhgkd_default
RTMPDump v2.2d
(c) 2010 Andrej Stepanchuk, Howard Chu, The Flvstreamer Team; license: GPL
Connecting ...
INFO: Connected...
ERROR: RTMP_ReadPacket, failed to read RTMP packet header
INFO: Command exit code 1 (raw code = 256)
WARNING: Failed to stream file C:\iPlayer
Recordings/The_Brain_-_A_Secret_History_1._Mind_Control_b00xhgkd_default.partial.mp4.flv
via RTMP
INFO: skipping flashhigh2 mode
ERROR: Failed to record 'The Brain - A Secret History: 1. Mind Control
(b00xhgkd)'

I assume the BBC have changed something. Is there any known workaround?

Thanks,

Chris