Unable to download any video since yesterday

Alan Pope alan at popey.com
Fri Jan 7 09:43:12 EST 2011

On 7 January 2011 14:29, Chris Marriott <chris at chrism.demon.co.uk> wrote:
> I’ve only just joined the list, so apologies if this has already been
> discussed, but since yesterday I’ve been unable to download any video.

I just grabbed the same video using flvstreamer rather than rtmpdump.

alan at mrevo:~/get_iplayer/get_iplayer-2.78$ ./get_iplayer
--flvstreamer=/home/alan/get_iplayer/get_iplayer-2.78/flvstreamer
--mode=flashhigh -g 564
get_iplayer v2.78, Copyright (C) 2008-2010 Phil Lewis
  This program comes with ABSOLUTELY NO WARRANTY; for details use --warranty.
  This is free software, and you are welcome to redistribute it under certain
  conditions; use --conditions for details.

Matches:
564:    The Brain - A Secret History: 1. Mind Control, BBC Four,
Factual,Guidance,Highlights,Popular,Science & Nature,Science &
Technology,Sign Zone,TV, default,signed,

INFO: 1 Matching Programmes
INFO: Checking existence of default version
INFO: flashhigh1,flashhigh2 modes will be tried for version default
INFO: Trying flashhigh1 mode to record tv: The Brain - A Secret
History: 1. Mind Control
INFO: File name prefix =
The_Brain_-_A_Secret_History_1._Mind_Control_b00xhgkd_default
WARNING: Your version of flvstreamer/rtmpdump does not support SWF Verification
FLVStreamer v1.9
(c) 2009 Andrej Stepanchuk, Howard Chu, The Flvstreamer Team; license: GPL
Connecting ...
Starting download at: 0.000 kB
Metadata:
  duration              3550.16