Get Iplayer for Windows

dinkypumpkin dinkypumpkin at gmail.com
Mon Aug 8 06:24:09 EDT 2011

On 7 Aug 2011, at 21:38, dinkypumpkin wrote:

> On 04/08/2011 20:21, David Woodhouse wrote:
>> I would love for someone to step forward and maintain the Windows stuff.
>
> I won't volunteer to take over permanently because - like David - I don't use Windows much and prefer to keep it that way.  However, I may be able to provide a bit of short-term help.  For a while now, I've been maintaining a get_iplayer installer for

A few things I neglected to include in my previous message:

I would, of course, be happy to do any spadework necessary to get a new release of get_iplayer and installer out the door.  But since it would be a one-off for me, if someone wants to take on the installer, now would be the time.  I'm sure I'm not alone in wanting to get a new release out.

Kudos to Jon Davis, occasionally of this parish, for putting together a new Windows build of AtomicParsley.

Does anyone here use n95_wifi mode for downloads?  I never have, and I couldn't get it to work while testing VLC for my installer.  It looks get_iplayer needs some changes, but I'm not sure I'm invoking it correctly.  Clues appreciated.

In the same vein, does anyone know of programmes that would exercise lame encoding in get_iplayer?  AFAIK, it was only ever used for RealAudio streams, but I think those are all gone, even from the World Service.