id3v2-0.1.2-win32.exe (latest version)

Vangelis forthnet northmedia1 at the.forthnet.gr
Sat Apr 2 12:05:49 EDT 2011

 The windows installer does not in fact install the executable for id3v2, as
a result flashaac & flashaudio radiomodes yield untagged AAC/MP3 audio
files...
The untagged .aac (ADTS) files downloaded with the official release of
get_iplayer play normally on all the media players on my system (Vista SP2
x86), these are:
WMP11 (native), WinAmp 5.571 Pro, Real Player SP 1.1.5, Quicktime Pro 7.6.9,
MPC-HC (comes with K Lite Codec Pack) & Nero ShowTime 4 (part of Nero 8).
When copied to a USB stick, they even play on my generic (cheap, ca. 20
Euros) Telefunken DVD player (USB enabled), although in its manual there's
no mention of AAC support;
playing time indication may be wrong, I also encounter problems when trying
to FF / REW the file...
 In his reply (
http://lists.infradead.org/pipermail/get_iplayer/2011-March/001038.html) to
my May 16th mail
(http://lists.infradead.org/pipermail/get_iplayer/2011-March/001027.html)
dinkypumpkin did provide a link to id3v2-0.1.10-win32.exe, which was fine
for get_iplayer purposes, and I belatedly thank him very much for that...:-)
However, I then received a personal e-mail from a most kind and generous
person, called Yatsura, which stated this: