id3v2-0.1.2-win32.exe (latest version)

Yatsura yatsura2k at gmail.com
Tue Apr 5 06:16:38 EDT 2011

Vangelis forthnet wrote:

 >In the attachment was a .7z file containing the 32bit executable for the
 >latest version 0.1.2 of id3v2. As you can see, he does not mention whether
 >he is the compiler or where he got the file from

  Just to clarify, I compiled the 0.1.2 version of id3v2 from the source
available
  at sourceforge, using VisualStudio 2005. I have no other connection
with the id3v2 project.

  From another thread:

James Cook wrote:
 >> I don't think id3v2 can add artwork, but that seems  acceptable
unless someone knows of another cross-platform ID3v2
 >> command-line tagger that can insert APIC frames.
 >> Actually its the underlying id3lib which is outdated.
 >> I have tweaked these two to get some simple tags (TDRL)  working but
not for complex tags.

  The current release version of id3lib (version 3.8.3) supports only
ID3V2.3, so TDRL is not supported.
  I have a patched version of id3v2, still using id3lib-3.8.3, which can
write APIC frames if anyone is interested.

  The current HEAD of id3lib has been updated to ID3V2.4, although this
causes the same APIC tags to be no
  longer recognised by Windows Media Player (amongst others) for some
reason. The only difference is the version
  number byte in the id3 header, so it seems that ID3V2.4 support is
patchy among  media players.

  Again, if anyone is interested I can provide a build of id3v2 using
the HEAD of id3lib, which writes the new
  ID3V2.4 tags, albeit only the simpler ones such as TDRL etc.

  Regards,
  Yatsura.