How to Apply the Patch to Add BBC Radio 4 Extra?

Tony Quinn tony at tqvideo.co.uk
Sat Apr 2 05:10:38 EDT 2011

In message <BANLkTimKNMw3jiSD4TJGnn5CDCj2OPen4w at mail.gmail.com>, Jeremy
Bartle <jeremy.bartle at gmail.com> writes
>OK, I've answered my own questions.  For anyone interested, here is
>what I did.  I shan't be offended if any experts want to post a better
>way!  I am running Windows 7 and I use get_iplayer solely via the Web
>PVR and solely for radio.
>
>I downloaded an editor called Notepad++ from
>http://notepad-plus-plus.org/.   It's free, with an option to donate.
>
>I made a backup copy of C:\Program Files (x86)\get_iplayer\get_iplayer.pl

I used gVim (which is on the system), but the process was just about the
same - the windoze box doesn't have "patch" installed, and for three
lines it was quicker to hand edit the .pl file
--
If one person has delusions, we call them psychotic. If, however, 1.5 billion
people have delusions we must apparently call them a religious group, and