Missing files from get_iplayer-2.77.tar.gz

David Woodhouse dwmw2 at infradead.org
Thu May 27 18:12:17 EDT 2010

On Thu, 2010-05-27 at 23:02 +0100, Jonathan Wiltshire wrote:
> Hi,
>
> I'm the maintainer of Debian (and by extension, Ubuntu) packages of
> get_iplayer. It's great to see that development is alive!
>
> There seem to be some data missing from the latest tarball, that
> admittedly aren't in the git tree - I think Phil must have added them
> by hand at the time of release: get_iplayer.1, the manual I originally
> wrote; and some changelog data from 2.76 and 2.77.

That's created by running 'get_iplayer --manpage get_iplayer.1', isn't
it?

For changelog data, the git commit history is the primary source. I've
just created a script which will turn that into something vaguely
resembling the old form, an reinstated the self-update code. See the
'web.sh' script and the resulting output at
http://www.infradead.org/get_iplayer/CHANGELOG-get_iplayer

> I'm happy to add this and do any other housekeeping in the git tree, or
> send patches.

If you want to keep CHANGELOG.txt up to date, you're most welcome; I
can't promise I'll do so myself but I can try, if it's really useful.

> I'd like to adopt the infradead tree as my upstream, if that suits you - it
> has promise. Are you happy to receive bugs at this list?

Yeah. Happier if they're accompanied by a patch. Happier still if it's a
pull request.

--
dwmw2