Making a boot CD - ohhhh, I'm close!

Alan McKay alan.mckay at gmail.com
Thu Jul 19 12:27:19 EDT 2007

Well, I still can't boot the thing on my G4 :-(   I'm now using
precisely the command give here below from the FC release.  I don't
think it matters that I'm not making a DVD but rather a CD.   The only
differences in my incantation vs the one below is that instead of
/srv/pungi/f7/blah/blah I have my own path to my .iso being produced,
and my own path to the contents of  the FC6 CD1 which I've blown open
into my filesystem.   mkisofs completes and then I burn the CD with :

sudo cdrecord -v speed=4 dev=/dev/cdwriter /path/to/my.iso

All I get is "Booting CDROM..." and then it hangs

Anyway, looks like it's time to dig into pungi unless someone else has
an idea what I'm doing wrong here.

/usr/bin/mkisofs -v -U -J -R -T -part -hfs -r -l -sysid PPC
-no-desktop -allow-multidot -chrp-boot -map
/usr/lib/anaconda-runtime/boot/mapping -magic
/usr/lib/anaconda-runtime/boot/magic -hfs-bless
/srv/pungi/f7gold/7/Fedora/ppc/os/ppc/mac -V "Fedora 7 ppc DVD" -o
/srv/pungi/f7gold/7/Fedora/ppc/iso/F-7-ppc-DVD.iso
/srv/pungi/f7gold/7/Fedora/ppc/os

--
"Aikido has but one principle - the universal reality of life"
               - Mitsugi Saotome