Making a boot CD - ohhhh, I'm close!

Jesse Keating jkeating at
Thu Jul 19 10:38:21 EDT 2007

On Thu, 19 Jul 2007 10:32:01 -0400
"Alan McKay" <alan.mckay at> wrote:

> In the meantime while I'm looking at pungi, I would still like to hear
> from others about what's wrong with my incantation w.r.t. the error
> I'm getting.    Short / Immediate term I just want it to work.
> Medium/Long term definitely want to be working  with pungi.

What I meant was look at the pungi source code for the mkisofs syntax.  From there on we setup the mkisofs calls, swapping in arguments based on what arch is being made.

For reference the command that was used to create Fedora 7 ppc isos was:

/usr/bin/mkisofs -v -U -J -R -T -part -hfs -r -l -sysid PPC -no-desktop -allow-multidot -chrp-boot -map /usr/lib/anaconda-runtime/boot/mapping -magic /usr/lib/anaconda-runtime/boot/magic -hfs-bless /srv/pungi/f7gold/7/Fedora/ppc/os/ppc/mac -V "Fedora 7 ppc DVD" -o /srv/pungi/f7gold/7/Fedora/ppc/iso/F-7-ppc-DVD.iso /srv/pungi/f7gold/7/Fedora/ppc/os

Jesse Keating RHCE      (
Fedora Project          (
GPG Public Key          (