Making a boot CD - ohhhh, I'm close!

Jesse Keating jkeating at j2solutions.net
Thu Jul 19 10:38:21 EDT 2007

On Thu, 19 Jul 2007 10:32:01 -0400
"Alan McKay" <alan.mckay at gmail.com> wrote:

> In the meantime while I'm looking at pungi, I would still like to hear
> from others about what's wrong with my incantation w.r.t. the error
> I'm getting.    Short / Immediate term I just want it to work.
> Medium/Long term definitely want to be working  with pungi.

What I meant was look at the pungi source code for the mkisofs syntax.

https://hosted.fedoraproject.org/projects/pungi/browser/pypungi/pungi.py#L312  From there on we setup the mkisofs calls, swapping in arguments based on what arch is being made.

For reference the command that was used to create Fedora 7 ppc isos was:

/usr/bin/mkisofs -v -U -J -R -T -part -hfs -r -l -sysid PPC -no-desktop -allow-multidot -chrp-boot -map /usr/lib/anaconda-runtime/boot/mapping -magic /usr/lib/anaconda-runtime/boot/magic -hfs-bless /srv/pungi/f7gold/7/Fedora/ppc/os/ppc/mac -V "Fedora 7 ppc DVD" -o /srv/pungi/f7gold/7/Fedora/ppc/iso/F-7-ppc-DVD.iso /srv/pungi/f7gold/7/Fedora/ppc/os

--
Jesse Keating RHCE      (jkeating.livejournal.com)
Fedora Project          (fedoraproject.org/wiki/JesseKeating)