One barebox image for multiple boards

Matthias Fend matthias.fend at emfend.at
Thu May 19 02:25:34 PDT 2022

Hi,

I was pleasantly surprised to get so many comments on this topic.
Thank you everyone for your input!

Since I want to avoid duplicating the i2c bus driver in a PBL capable
version, I decided to have a common barebox device tree for all boards.
This means that the detection takes place in the board init code and
then prepends the compatible with the matching board-specific entry.

If at some point the hardware no longer allows this approach, I still
can switch to the i2c-early solution.

Thanks
  ~Matthias